How to Check Oil Level On a Zenith Hylo Table
The Hydraulic Oil fill instructions below are good for ANY Zenith Hylo Table or Zenith Vertilift Table which includes Zenith II Hylo Table, Zenith III Hylo Table, and the older Zenith Cast Iron Hylo Tables.
Zenith Hylo Table with BREATHER CAP & DIPSTICK
1. Raise Zenith Hylo Table to the fully UP position.
2. Remove cap and wipe dipstick clean.
3. Screw in dipstick and remove again.
4. Oil level should be NO higher than the top of black line. If above the top line, it will overflow with large patients! If it is below the bottom line, the Zenith Hylo Table will stall and struggle when it gets close to the top of the Hylo range.
Zenith Hylo Table with NO DIPSTICK
1. Lower the Zenith Hylo Table to the bottom position.
2. Raise the pelvic elevation to the top.
3. Remove the Hydraulic Cap.
4. Take a 5 inch screw driver and make a mark on it at ONE inch from the butt (handle).
5. Make a second mark 1.5 inches from the butt (handle) of the screw driver.
6. Lower screwdriver in the hydraulic canister until the butt (handle) of the screwdriver is flat with the top.
7. Remove screwdriver carefully and check oil level.
8. Oil level should be NO higher than the top of black line. If above the top line, it will overflow with large patients! If it is below the bottom line, the Zenith Hylo Table will stall and struggle when it gets close to the top of the Hylo range.
10. Fill in down position! Install reservoir cap after hydraulic fluid is added to the correct height.
Next- buy yourself a cap with the dipstick and save yourself 6 steps and several minutes of your life each time you check your Zenith Hylo Tables oil level. With the dipstick; checking the hydraulic oil on your Zenith Hylo Table in the up position makes it much easier and faster to fill the oil to the correct level.
https://chiropractictablepart.com/zenith-table-parts/zenith-table-hydraulic-parts/zenith-ii-hydraulic-oil-cap-with-dip-stick/ Zenith Hydraulic Oil Cap with Dip Stick
https://chiropractictablepart.com/diy-save/zenith-table-hydraulic-reservoir-oil-cap-with-dip-stick-level-indicator-bottle-of-oil/ Oil & Dipstick Combo = EXTRA SAVINGS
Zenith MFG recommends that you check the oil level once a month & change the oil every 3 years. This keeps your other EXPENSIVE hydraulic components working properly and removes the debris in the old fluid. It takes 2 Bottles to change the oil correctly. You drain it out / then Flush it with 3/4 of a bottle / Drain / and then refill. One bottle will refill the hydraulic reservoir so it leaves you extra chiropractic table oil for down the road.
For tips on do it yourself oil change -See our other Blog posts
How to Change the Oil On your Zenith Hylo Table